Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Little Swing Purse

I love the colors in this purse. I used silk dupioni and vintage laces as the main part of the purse. Lined it in silk. Added a silk yo yo flower, silk ribbon roses & leaves and a silk image of a lovely lady. I got the image from Shabby Cottage Studios. Gail has always had wonderful images. She also has a wonderful and fun monthly challenge at Mind Wide Open. Here are some close ups. I used lots of tiny beads & silk threads for embroidery. I love how silk thread just flows so easily through the materials. I was getting ready to put this one on my Etsy, when a friend came by, saw it and had to have it as a gift for someone. So now I shall start all over again for my Etsy. But I don't mind at all. I am just so pleased she liked it. I enjoy making these. Just spreading the word about crazy quilting. :-)

11 comments:

Snap said...

I just shake my head with awe ... everything you do is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the next!

Shelley said...

Your work is so beautiful!! :)

wendy said...

What a beautiful purse! I just love it. You do such nice work! My goal this year is to make a purse,but it'll have to wait until I get some other projects done and until my sister can give me a hand as I've never made one before.

Janet said...

Beautiful just doesn't seem to say it! That is truly a work of art! And I love the colors!!

Unknown said...

Sharon, the swing purses are just so delicate. You do fine work my friend.
Hope you are stretches those muscles before going out to garden, it really does help.
Keep showing us your beautiful work.

beth

Pearl said...

Nice! I love the colors

Anonymous said...

Sharon, this is so beautiful. I can't master CQing with silks and other shiny, slippery fabrics. You did! I always use 100% cotton. I like the look of both! Ah...OA fingers!

What was your "word verification" on my blog that made you laugh? Something about saving scraps?

:-) Diane

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Sharon - that purse is BEAUTIFUL! What amazing work you do!

Raspberry tea sounds scrumptious right about now!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Truly a beautiful work of art!! You have such amazing talent!!
Toni

Lilla said...

Sharon, so nice to hear from you. I just sprayed the items with Krylon crystal glaze.
Pretty purse too.
aloha Lilla

Wildflowerhouse said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It does wonders for my soul. It means so much to me to hear from you. Sharon