Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sweet Little Vintage Childs Dress



Went to lunch at a cute local place named Isadora's.
The homemade bread is to die for and the food
delicious. It is in old Snoqualmie across from the
old railroad station.
I was sitting enjoying my lunch when out of
the corner of my eye I spied the most precious
little child's dress. It was all done by hand on
 a very sheer cotton fabric. I had to have it!
I have tried to photograph it so that you could
see the tiny little stitches. So I hung it in the sun
and took photo's thru it. The detail is absolutely
precious. It must have been for a very special
occasion, don't you think.



I would like to wash it, just not sure how...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Hand wash with Woolite....?
Hand wash with quilt soap...?
Help......!

15 comments:

Debby said...

This is so very sweet!
Debby

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Sharon:
It's a beautiful little baby dress. My suggestion is to wash it using Vintage Textile Soak (here's the link: http://www.thestarspangledsampler.com/soak.html) The first time I used it was on discolored 60 year old linen hankies that were going to be monogrammed and edged for wedding gifts. I was shocked at how well it worked! Safe for anything, I now use it on all my lingerie and antique linens now. Highly recommend it.
Have a great weekend.
xoxo
Donna

Laurie said...

This little dress is so precious! I can imagine the little girl wearing it. It's quite the find, and it sounds like Donna has the perfect solution to cleaning it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little dress! Sweet, tiny stitches - so precious.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Sharon!

Hugs,
Zuzu

Deborah said...

What a treasure!

Shelley said...

It is such a beautiful dress - such nice detail!

Anonymous said...

It ia such a precious little dress and I am with Donna and her suggestion on how to wash it. Luckily we do have people who specializes in things to help with the vintage. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

It is such a precious dress and I am with Donna on her suggestion of how to clean it. You will have to let us know how it turned out. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Really a treasure! What a sweet little dress, Sharon! :-)

Lorraine said...

This is a treasure Sharon! I've been looking for one of these for just ages....

Anonymous said...

It's so sweet, Sharon!
Diane

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Really great little dress and I love how the shadow played with the flowers on the front!

Monica said...

Totally gorgeous! I machine-wash my antique/vintage baby dresses with a delicate cycle and perborate (it's a less aggressive bleach than sodium hypochlorite and works great!).Don't forget to put them in a lingerie wash bag.
Hugs!
Monicaxx.

Barbara Jean said...

Oh so lovely a treasures, perfect find for you.

Hope someone can help with washing instructions.

blessings

barbara jean

Anonymous said...

Ask Dawn at www.the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com for washing directions, she uses vintage baby clothes all the time.
QueenMarcy