Friday, September 24, 2010

ATC for Leaves

This month the swap word was leaves
and I received this great ATC from Lotus. 
I love what she has done, using a white
glaze pen and watercolors. Thanks Lotus,
I love it.
I think my brain took a vacation on this 
one. I just kinda sat there "futzing" about 
and came up with this one.
Lots of cutting out, micron pen 
work and copic markers. I love them.
The background behind the girls is the
inside of a security envelope! Always
re purposing...
I have been busy creating some fun things
and shall be posting tomorrow
if nothing gets in my way...
Sooooo stay tuned.

10 comments:

Judy S. said...

I really like the one you made, Sharon. That butterfly idea is very cool!

Angela said...

Both cards are great! I love the little girls!
Angela

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Sharon:
Love your ATC and the one you received from Lotus, too! Don't you just love this swap? I'm sure having fun with it! Looking forward to s being partners, too!
xoxo
Donna

Lotus said...

Thank you for posting a pic of our cards Sharon! Sorry I dropped the ball this time! I will get my act together for the next round, promise! ; )

You asked about the glaze pen and it's from Sakura! Love Sakura pens!!!
Lotus

Laurie said...

So cute Sharon, love both ATC's!

Merry said...

Both of these cards are lovely. What a great technique used in the first card that you recieved. I really like the little people in your card and a perfect use of the envelope.

Janet said...

Both of these ATCs look great. I like how you re-purposed the security envelope for the background. I love recycled art.

Pearl said...

I like your cute card its creative and happy. Hers is lovely too, now you need to make a card out of Tyvek, put craft store water paint on it and smear it all over then take a paper towel and wipe it all off just to stain it for a soft look then run to the back yard and get some of your favorite leaves, paint then with another color on back and press on to card. You can reuse the leaf many times as it will get fainter with each pressing. Try a gold matallic leaf if you like that for Christmas. Its so much fun, play, play, play

Shelley said...

BOth are beautiful cards!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

The different techniques ya'll are using is just amazing to me. Both cards are just creative and pretty.
(())
Francie