Monday, October 24, 2011

We are Back From Our Road Trip

We left Washington in a deluge of rain, but as we 
headed south towards Mount Shasta things cleared up.
Down through California on the 
Grape Vine things really started
to heat up, around 98 degrees.
Coming into Tucson and 100 degrees. Way 
too hot. Stayed for 2 days then headed back 
across the desert in the heat towards the
California coast.
4,000 plus feet and 104 degrees.
Water I need water mom.
Oh the lovely coast of Laguna Beach and only
80 some degrees.
 Wonderful trees sculpted by the wind.
 Climbing geraniums at least 12 feet high.
Dining outside by the ocean. (the man in the 
background was feeding the birds,click to 
enlarge, funny)
On the road again going N. This was up at 
Weed, California. Weather was great.
The coast at Lincoln City Oregon.
Teddy thought this was great.
The carousal at Seaside, Oregon.
 The weather changed at Gearhart Oregon and
 Teddy got caught in a sand storm.
All tuckered out and ready for the trip home
the next day.
It was a fun two weeks and now 
I need a vacation from our vacation!
So that's where I've been. This was Teddy's
first long trip and he was a perfect little
gentleman.

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh I can remember getting sand blasted on the beach in Oregon_ NOT fun!!! It looks like you had a great time traveling in this great land of contrasts!!!! For a minute I thought that we were seeing a picture of Rainier at the top of the post!!! I hate the return home and recovering from the vacation but going back to ones own bed is the best!!!!! Glad that you are all home safely!
Hugs!

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Great photos Sharon, my favorites are of Teddy of course! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time, but like Dorothy said "there is no place like home!" I am glad you are safely back!
Tina xo

Snap said...

Way to go, Teddy! Glad everyone enjoyed the trip. Welcome home!

Pondside said...

What a great trip, Sharon! Laguna Beach must have been lovely - and I always enjoy the Oregon Coast. Tucson must have been a shock to your Pacific Northwest lungs and skin - too dry for me!

Janet said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had a fun trip. I love the coast of northern California and southern Oregon....it's beautiful.

ginger@bearbits said...

Hi Sharon,

I enjoyed your photos - especially the ones of Teddy. He's looks like he's thinking that if he's a good boy he'll get to go home sooner and start running things again. It looks like you all had a nice vacation.

~ginger

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG! It's been AGES since I've checked in to see what you've been up to!!! And you and Teddy were busy bees!!! Bet you have a LOT of stories to tell about your trip. I LOVED Laguna Beach -- and I love the picture of the carousel in Oregon too!!! Hope that all is well in your world. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I'm so glad you told us to enlarge the man and the bird! Too cute!!
Boy, I was pooped out just hearing and seeing all the places, weather changes, scenery changes, elevation changes..whew! Glad you're home safe and sound and that Teddy got some much deserved rest.it's tough being such a gentleman for that long, huh?!

Pearl said...

Welcome back! What a great trip, I use to go to Cannon Beach and Seaside as a child almost every summer. Loved it! Glad you had a great relaxing time. Teddy looked like he enjoyed and is tuckered out.

Vee said...

Lovely journey with some wide temperature swings. Those birds know that guy well!

Laurie said...

As always, great pictures and details Sharon!! Aside from the heat, it sounds and looks like Heaven. So beautiful in the mountains, one day I will get there. Thanks for sharing!

Lorraine said...

Welcome home Sharon! Looks as if you have had a really enjoyable trip and no doubt found some inspiration along the way.

susan said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Your trip looks like it was wonderful! I'm loving the music you play in the background! Somehow the music is making such a wonderful mood and I so appreciate stumbling on to this music today! Thanks for sharing!

Krista/Ruca said...

Sounds like Teddy did our canine population proud! Glad you had a great trip.

Merry said...

Terrific scenery. Looks like you had a most amazing time....thanks so much sharing the photos.