Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Meet Hazel....

This my friends is Hazel.
A year or two ago I was given one leaf to 
start a plant with, by my friend Hazel.
Well Hazel (the plant) sprouted roots
so I planted her in soil in a small pot.
 She seemed to love it and soon needed 
to be re-potted in a medium pot. OK....
Then a large pot....
Hazel has now taken over the house , so if
you don't hear from me, well it's been fun!
Seriously I am running out of pots.
But I love her and her sweet small pink or white 
(depending on her mood) flowers. So I am afraid
to try and divide her. Any suggestions will be
welcome.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

What kind of plant is Hazel!? I've never seen one before. I had a coleus that took over once, what a beautiful plant. I just let it go. I took slips from her to start other ones, but have no idea how to separate! Good luck Sharon!

baukje said...

Is Hazel a variety of begonia? Her leaves are beautiful..... It's such a pity that I am not near by!!!!!!!!

Createology said...

Do you have any Master Gardners in your area? They love to share their knowledge of plants. Hazel is a beauty. Can you add a solarium to your home? :o)

Pondside said...

Hazel is gorgeous! If I lived near you I'd be begging a leaf.

Janet said...

I'm not sure what kind of plant Hazel is, but she's beautiful. Since I don't have a green thumb I won't be any help to you.

Pearl said...

Thats what I would do to, call the master gardner! Hazel is very sexy.

Anonymous said...

This is from the other Hazel (the person not the plant.) Hazel the plant is an english begonia or so I am told. The original Hazel that lives at my house is absolutely huge. I don't know about dividing either so I just enjoy it in all its beautiful hugeness. Hugs and Love to Sharon and the other posse members who have taken care of Hazels (plants)