Monday, August 5, 2013

Trip to LaConner on a Beautiful Day

 Spent the day in LaConner a favorite place of mine.
Had fresh crab while sitting on the deck by the water.
 They didn't need to tell me this.....

They have such fun shops to visit.
Such as Bunnies By The Bay, where 
bunnies rule. Such great outfits. (wish I
was a bunny). Outside there door I found
this
What a cute idea. I shall have to try this.
Another shop had these great tables that I love (want).
This is just part of a large round table.
You can see how much the artisan loves his work.
Out back there is the sculpture garden.
Beautiful work can be found here too.
I don't think the elk would eat these flowers.
I love this crazy cat bench and it was actually
comfortable.
Down the street more sculptures and gardens.
Oh dear! A little humor...
bad doggy!
I fell in love with this birdbath. Just gorgeous.

I can't believe I didn't take any water photos.
Sorry was just having to much fun.
Great time was had by all.

11 comments:

Vee said...

Nice microcosm of LaConner you found there. I enjoyed seeing the shops and unique ideas. I like those spoon hooks, too.

Shirley said...

Hi Sharon, I decided to do a little reading tonight before I call it a day. I love the circle table that you took a picture of. Lets face it I like all of them and enjoy you sharing your day with me. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Pondside said...

I've heard so many nice things about LaConner, it makes me want to visit soon! Every year I vow to get there for tulip time, and then it passes. Perhaps I'll just have to make it a priority next spring.

Laurie said...

My kind of shops Sharon, I love that table, and the cat bench would look perfect in my garden. I'll pass on the crab though!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Sharon - what lovely pictures of some great sculpture...that bird bath is absolutely fabulous. These shops look like places I would love to see. Have a great week. P.S. - that cat bench needs a real one sitting there (LOL)!

Pearl said...

That looks like a fun place to be, loved the cat bench so creative. I'm glad you shared your day. Hugs,Pearl

Createology said...

Looks like a wonderful day away to enjoy the summer sunshine. That birdbath is gorgeous. Sunny Summer Smiles...

Anonymous said...

OMG! What an awesome place! I WANT THAT KITTY CAT BENCH!!! Sounds like a great day.
Loves from The Queen

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful photos - we adore LaConner. There is a wonderful family owned farm stand right at the round-about as you enter town - best produce in the world. We drive down that way often, looking for birds and animals and scenery to photograph so we always head to that farm stand when we are down that way in the summer.

Did you cross the big bridge? Fabulous views of LaConner from the reservation - and gorgeous scenery out there to.

The quilt museum, up on a hill in the back of town is a favorite spot too - they have permanent and revolving displays. Just a great town all around - and the crab mmmmmmm good.

Judy S. said...

Oh, Sharon, you make me want to go there right now! I also love to stop at the cross stitch/yarn shop in Anacortes when we're up that way.

Merry said...

Oh wow, so many fantastic pieces. I do love the spoon idea, might have to tuck that away into my memory. Thanks for sharing all these terrific photos.