Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thank you for your prayers, they worked!

Picture taken earlier.

Yesterday was a day  of waiting and waiting.
We arrived at the vet at 8 AM more x-rays were taken. We wait....
Finally a decision that his little lungs looked clear so 
surgery was to start right away . We wait....
Finally the vet lets us know it's over and he is in 
recovery. The tumor (yes tumor) was very large and 
weighed about 2 pounds. Both the vet and I were
shocked at the size. Now we wait some more for 
the biopsy to come back. But the vet thinks he got it all 
and everything else looked clean.
So now Teddy has no spleen or tumor and is a little 
lighter. We brought him home last night and they shot
him full of morphine before we left. Needless to say it
was a rough night and we will be napping today.
But I am again thanking you guys for your prayers. 
I have my best friend sleeping at my feet.
Hope you all have a beautiful weekend.

16 comments:

Vee said...

Best news of the day! Hope that he rebounds in no time. They are so incredibly resilient. Such a handsome fellow I must say...

Snap said...

Oh, goodness. Sending healing thoughts and many hugs to you and Teddy!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

So, happy to hear the good news. Some people may think we are a little silly but our puppies are so much a part of our family...it is like having a sick child. Hugs and Kisses to your best buddy. I hope he is back to his old self soon.

Lorraine said...

Big hugs for mama and the little guy....

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Sharon that is the best news! Lets hope Teddy is now on the way to recovery. What we wouldn't do for our dear pets!!!
Give Teddy a big hug from me to get better real soon!
And a big hug to you the loving carer!
Suzy

Barbara Lilian in France said...

I felt quite sad when I read your post, but happy for you that he's now on the mend. I know how you feel Our pets are like our children. So I'll send my thoughts for him in my prayers. Stay cheerful.

Merry said...

I so feel for you Sharon and you and Teddy will definitely be in my thoughts. I hope that Teddy pulls through and that they have gotten all of the tumor. Take care.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Hurray for our Teddy!!!!!!

Diana said...

Sharon, I'm so thankful. poor baby. sending you both much love and prayers as he continues to heal! love to you,Diana

Feathers said...

I'm thankful for you and Teddy to have such a good prognosis. These little guys of ours have such a big importance in our lives. Happy, happy, happy!

Linda H said...

So very sorry about Midnight, I know how hard it is to lose a special feline friend. But I am so happy to hear that Teddy is doing
better, he is such a sweet little fella. Hope he is getting stronger and feeling more energetic each day.

baukje said...

OMG how luccky that he found the rumor now, so ofthen it is roo late. Enjoe your beautiful Teddy and spoil her.

Createology said...

Sharon Dear this is such a blessing for Teddy and your entire family. Amazing about the size and weight of what he was carrying around. Healing energy for a quick and complete recovery. Blessings...

Debbie Nolan said...

Sharon - so glad Teddy made it through the surgery and sounds like he will be recovering quickly with all the love I know you have to give him. Can't imagine that little one having a tumor that weighed about 2 pounds. Take care and keep posting about how he is doing. Hugs

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Gorgeous Teddy! I'm so glad he's okay. Bless you all, Tammy

Judy S. said...

Sure hope Teddy is feeling lots better by now!