Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Documented Life Project week 8



  1. This week we were to add a flap to our flap
  2. in our journal
  3. Well it has been raining and very gray
  4. here in Washington so I went
  5. for the color. Let my watercolors
  6. go where they wanted.
  7. I added a little flap that held a tag. 
  8. On the front it said,
  9. "Just when the caterpillar thought
  10. the world was over it
  11. became a butterfly"

  1. When you open the flap the other side of
  2. the tag says,
  3. "Colors are the smiles of nature."
Hopefully we shall see some bright cheery colors
soon instead of rainy gray. But I shouldn't fuss when
I think of all my snowy blogging friends.
Must be getting a little old by now.
There is snow above me at the pass. They have had to do avalanche
control and I can hear the guns go off at night sometimes.
They are working hard to keep I-90 safe. 

8 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Colors flowing - happy colors. I am ready for spring too - but appreciate the rain we've been having also - I just want it to be done by spring - wouldn't a nice long Washington spring be fabulous!

Barbra Joan said...

Sharon, I hadn't joined this challenge but I think it's from
Art to the 5 ? I am going on there every day.. to see what's new... So much color ...!!!!
Yes, you need that where you are..
I spent time out there last May .
ohhhhh gray, dismal ... not for a Florida girl..

Createology said...

Glorious colors and with all the rain you are having Spring will be joyful with wildflowers blooming. I adore the quotes on your tag. Stay safe and warm in your studio of cheerful watercolors dear...

wendy said...

What a wonderful page! you are so talented! Love all the color, and the butterfly saying! Here's to a bright and colorful spring!

Vee said...

Very pretty...I was reading it incorrectly so was happy to learn what really happened. I can't imagine listening to the boom of the avalanche cannons.

Diana said...

love your project. It's gorgeous. I love color and we need it now, love to you Sharon,Diana

Judy S. said...

Love that Journal of yours, Sharon. We got a teeny bit of snow yesterday, and I'll bet you did, too? Think spring, or should I say mid-July?

Debbie Nolan said...

Sharon - what a gorgeous journal...love the tag you used too. Butterflies are such miracles...I am glad you are chasing away those gray skies. Some of of ours has held some sunshine. Believe it or not most of the snow is gone but turning very cold again and possible snow showers today (not much accumulation). Hold on tight - nice weather is just around the corner. In the meantime I hope you share some more of your lovely journal with those gorgeous watercolors - they are so cheerful. Hugs.