Sunday, December 7, 2014

Getting All Decked Out

 Just getting started with all the traditional things  we celebrate every year. The Santa in the
picture with the deer, we call Broken Santa as he was broken in one of my many moves. I have had him since my childhood and broken or not I love him and would never not have him on the tree.
 The front hall is filled with lots of treasures and beautiful memories. Gifts from 
friends, some who are no longer with us but their memories warm ones heart.
 And giggles from the powder room when people come upon 
my merry mice. I found them on a trip up to Whistler BC and fell
in love with them.
The tree is up and we are still decorating it. 
Yes decorating all but the bottom part as 
Max and Cooper wanted to remove ornaments as
they were being put on. They sure are wide eyed
and fascinated with everything.
Today it was actually 50 degrees out, snow is all gone.
The storm we had a week ago brought down lots
of evergreen boughs, so today Cooper and Max helped me collect
lots of boughs and we are filling the outdoor pots with them.
They smell wonderful and I truly love decorating from
what nature gives us.
Today was wonderful and I hope yours was too!

11 comments:

Createology said...

Lovely decorations and your home is beautiful. I adore the sentimental cherished treasures we save from year to year. Sharing Joy and Jingles...

Lorraine said...

I can just imagine Max and Cooper running around the base of the tree :) Your all decked out for the season. I pulled out the santa collection, decorated the mantel and put the tree up today so I'm ready too :)

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Sharon everything is glistening in your home right now - your santas and ornaments look gorgeous!
Max and Cooper probably think you have done all of this for them!
What fun!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Sharon - your decorations look so beautiful. I have too some broken ornaments but they go on the tree anyway. There are just some things that one keeps because of all the warm sweet memories. As for Max and Cooper - good luck in keeping them out of all the garland, etc. Maybe you can time some of that garland
around them. LOL! Hugs

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh My Sharon - things are looking so beautiful. Love it all my friend. As for Max and Cooper guess it might take another year before you will be safe in decorating the bottom layer of the tree. Of course those two mischief makers are more important than a few ornaments! Have a lovely day.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Your decorations are so sweet. I love the merry mice. It is 62 up here - today and yesterday - but I think we are sending you more rain and wind.

Vee said...

Ahhhh, yes, this place looks familiar! Good to hear from you today! I took an extended blogging break and hope never to return to the blogging of former times, but at least once or twice a week. The pups must be so grown up. I'll have to do some scouting about. Your tree is gorgeous!

susan said...

Your tree is just beautiful! and I don't blame you one bit for keeping your old ornaments even though they're broken. I was just saying how I love some of the "theme" trees you see now a days but we won't be doing that anytime soon. I'm too attached to the old ornaments, collected thru out the years.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Gaby Bee said...

Your Christmas decoration is just beautiful! Love your tree!

Holiday hugs,
Gaby

baukje said...

Oh oh keep an eye at those two naughty boys!!!!!

Judy S. said...

Nice Christmas photos, Sharon. I also loved the one of the Falls; it's such a pretty place!