Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crazy Quilted Sachets

After standing in the PO for 45minutes and running errands,last minute shopping (uncompleted) I am home and just put the finishing touches on my sachets. What do you think? I need to keep going before the storm gets here. They are forecasting 6 to 12 " of snow. You east coast people think nothing of it, but here we have hills (steep) and little equipment for handling it all. Also people are not used to driving in it. The combination is not good. LOL!!!!! So I shall now curl up and enjoy the snow and sew. If the camera behaves I'll try to get some pics for you.




Some are for presents and some are on my Etsy shop. These were fun to make. After stitching them I filled them with lavender, that I harvested from my garden last summer. I then trimmed them out with satin ribbons. They can be hung in any room and have that wonderful lavender scent. I made some unscented ones for people who would prefer that or wish to had their own special scent , by droplets on the felt backing. I must add that I became very relaxed and sleepy while filling them. Mmmm that lavender will do it every time.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

These are just beautiful Sharon, I'm teaching myself to do ribbon embroidery, it's so pretty. I've used the embroidery rings before, but not for sachets. These are awesome, and a wonderful idea.
Laurie

Wildflowerhouse said...

Hi Laurie, Judith Baker Montano has some wonderful books on ribbon work. Thanks so much for the compliments!

Maggie R said...

Hi Sharon.. Love your blog.. and I think your silk ribbon work is exquisite, Very inspiring....
BTW Thanks for following my blog. I am following yours as well and YES you are correct re my wool knitting.... I am going to felt it for a project!!!! YEAH!!!!
Stay tuned!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR....
XOXO
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Wildflowerhouse said...

Thanks Maggie you inspire me. And I just knew you would felt it. LOL Have a very Happy Holiday and may 2009 make our creative juices flow!

Beth L said...

Hi Sharon so nice to meet you, thanks for visiting my blog! You have a beautiful blog and do such great work yourself, I'm happy my little print has a good home with you :o] I have to say I've had the nicest "small world" experiences from that one piece...it's pretty cool.
And I have to add I also LOVE No-Pudge-Fudge AND Araya's restaurant (not to mention our beautiful home here)! You're obviously a woman after my own heart - I'll have to bookmark your blog now.
Have a great rest-of-your-holiday-season!
Beth

Barbara Jean said...

Sharon,
I know this is a super old post, but just had to say,
"I love your sachets".
Is it still something you make??
should check your ETSY shop i guess.

hugs and smiles,

barbara jean