Saturday, December 13, 2008

My little Santa's




Someone asked about the Santa's in my earlier treat blog. I made this little guy a few years back. His body is wood . I drilled holes for the arms and legs. (tiny holes) so that he will have movable parts.
I sanded the wood smooth. Painted the face a light peach with rosy cheeks and to tiny black eyes. Arms and legs are painted black and then the edges are sanded to age him. I use tiny wire to connect his body parts together. Then I create a costume ( I have several in different costumes). The one pictured is a long gown with a batting trim. His cap is dyed red and has white trim, with felt holly. His hair and beard are quilted batting. I attached his hat with a button to the gown. They take some time to make but are a fun project. Enjoy! I hope this was helpful. Here is a quick sketch of body parts. The dots are where you drill tiny holes. Body is 4 1/2". Arms are 3 1/2". Legs are 6". From the tip of the cap to the tows 11" overall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Love your Santa!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Thanks, they seem to take on their own little attitudes when you are making them.LOL