Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I've Been Creating and Healing

 Here are my two nurses, Max and Cooper. They 
have been taking good care of me while I go to
physical therapy and an osteopath. I was in pain 
 and they discovered  (MRI) that I have 6 twisted
vertebrae.  Long story short PT has really helped 
 and I am improving. Should be after 4 1/2 months
of PT,
Enough said, on to more creative things. I saw this 
made with acrylics (sorry can't remember by who)
and so I made my own version using 
watercolors and changing the insides.
I painted, sewed and glued,finishing it with a
protective coating of Polycrylic put on very
carefully.
 This is the front cover. It has sari silk with hand-
made paper beads attached to the tag. The tag
 has a velcro closer.
 The back with paint and stitching.
 Opened up with side pockets on each side and two
sewn books (60 pages in all) of 70 lb drawing paper.
 The back (inside) The booklets on each side,

Six 4 by 6 mixed media 90 lb papers in side 
pocket.
In the other side pocket there are 2
140 lb 4 by 6 watercolor papers and 
5 blank artist trading cards 2.5 by 3.5
140 lb watercolor paper.
Sari silk with handmade paper beads attached
to the tag opening.
Lots of paper, different weights and sizes to 
have fun with.
All enclosed in this  8 1/2 by 7 inch  when closed
journal. Open it is 17 3/4 inch by 7.
I have two made so will show the other in a day or two
plus some other small journals I just finished.
Hope you all are enjoying your summer.
 We here in WA have been very hot and little to no rain.
So we are on constant fire watch.
Never thought I'd say this but paleez rain!

15 comments:

Judy S. said...

It's crazy dry, isn't it? So sorry you've not been feeling well but glad the PT is working. Your 2 pups are SO cute! Hugs!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely project, such detail. I love the colors.

I agree with the rain - please send some - our poor WA state is parched and dry and burning in many places. We've certainly enjoyed the cooler weather this past week - more like we are used to.

Laurie said...

Wow! So beautiful Sharon! Can I have some of your creativity and talent please!?

Createology said...

Oh Sharon Dear I do know your back pain as I have lived for over twenty years now with serious pain and PT from time to time. Max and Cooper look like the best medicine. Fabulous new journal you have created. Take good care of yourself. High on Life July...

Anonymous said...

Wow,,that book is gorgeous! How unique.
The boys are adorable, as usual!
I didn't know you had back problems, sounds very painful! Hope it's better soon.
Loves from The Queen

Snap said...

Love the little journal ... great color on the cover. You take care!!! And I hope that you get rain ... if not you, then my area could use some more ... the ground is cracking!

Barbara Lilian in France said...

hello Sharon. I've missed you, hope your feeling better after having therapy treatment.. i know only too well back problems can make life so tiring. Lovely craft project you've made, such lovely colours mixed together.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Sharon so sorry to hear about your back. With Max and Cooper caring for you there is no choice you will get well. Glad to hear the PT is helping.
Your journal is fabulous. Love how you painted the cover too. What a wonderful creation. I so wish you were getting rain. We have had so much here this summer that it has been hard to keep up with the mowing.
Well take care and listen to your two nurses. Hugs!

It's me said...

Hope you feeling better soon...and owww look at your two sweeties...love them so cute.....happy summer love Ria...x!

Merry said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Sharon….your back sounds very painful indeed but those two nurses would have sidetracked you a lot I think. Take care. Love your journal, great colours. We are having our couple weeks of cold. It's been getting down to 9C in the mornings…luckily the days it is back up to low 20C's.

Merry said...

Silly me typed up a comment and forgot to hit the publish button. Glad to hear you are on the mend and been keeping busy Sharon. Those nurses would have helped sidetrack you from the pain you must feel. Love the colours in your journal….such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, i am so sorry for your health problems. Take good care and thank the two nurses in my name for being such a support.
Baukje

Barbra Joan said...

Sharon, Hope you are doing better. As for your artistic work it can't get any better than this wonderful journal... It's fantastic!

Lorraine said...

Am pleased to hear the boys have been supervising your recovery, always a good thing! Take care, L.

susan said...

I love your nurses, Sharon, but very sorry to hear about the pain you've been going through the last few months. I hope you're on the road to good health again. As always, your art work is just beautiful.