Monday, July 20, 2015

More Journals

Acrylic painting with ploy acrylic top coat on canvas.
Handmade paper beads, 40 pages,
70 lb drawing paper, size 4.75 by 7 inches 

Back
Inside
Same description as above journal

This is the second watercolor journal. It is described in my last post.
Back
Inside left
Middle and right.
That's what I've been up to since 98 degrees is a little to hot for
me. I do run out and fill the birdbaths and feeders for my fine
feathered friends. I have a chickadee that has delivered a batch
in the birdhouse right off our deck. She is exhausted trying to feed 
them all. Yesterday one baby appeared at the opening and he was huge.
I fear he better fly soon or he won't be able to get out.
He is twice the size of his momma.
Life is always amazing to me.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Sharon your art work always amazes me! These are so beautiful. Can I have some of your talent please!!

Createology said...

Lovely journals you are creatng. It is very HOT here too. No rain in Nor Cal for us All near Tahoe and Truckee. Now So Cal is flooding and burnng...so completely crazy! Stay safe and hydrated. Bless you for mnding the birdies.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, my royal subject!
That's too funny about the baby bird!
Loves from The Queen

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

At least we have cooled down now - 98 is just too hot for WA. I'm enjoying the cooler weather. The journals are wonderful - and the baby bird sounds like fun - hope he flies soon.

Diana said...

Your journals are wonderful - inside and out! How fun to have chickadees so close to the house, too. We have a new, 2,000+ acre fast-growing wildfire in Glacier National Park that started yesterday and a new one this evening on Wild Horse Island in Flathead Lake. I fear for the rest of the season, as I know you do.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Sharon- absolutely wonderful are your journals. What a great way to spend that 98 degree weather. As for the chickadees please enjoy them. Are they not the sweetest birds? Well stay cool friend. Hope you get a break in this heat.

susan said...

98 Degrees? Yikes! We're heading into 90 degree weather with high humidity to boot so I'm looking for some indoor projects. I love your journals - you're so talented.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love these journals. They are beautiful. What a wonderful place to put down your thoughts.
Sounds like a Mockingbird laid an egg in your chickadee nest. They are terrible about doing that.